Y2K stands for the Year 2000 and is commonly referred to as the Y2K Bug, the Millennium Bug or Y2K Compliance. There was much concern that older computer hardware and software would not be able to properly recognize the yearly dates of the new century. This was because the year is actually stored with only two digits; for example, 10-15-82 instead of 10-15-1982. Therefore, when the calendar year changed from 1999 to 2000, the date became 01-01-00, and the computer system thought it was January 1, 1900.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!